To dispel the fear of Mathematics
HeyMath! was founded in May 2000 by Nirmala Sankaran and Harsh Rajan on a worldview that there is no perfect education system. We're based in Chennai, India, and are privately funded. Contact our founders (founders at heymath.com)
We've made it our mission to create a flat world curriculum by diligently seeking out proven best practices from great teachers and discerning parents around the world. HeyMath! lessons are developed with advice from the University of Cambridge. Our highly capable Math editors then blend this collective wisdom into bite-sized animated and interactive explanations that provide concept clarification visually and help remove the fear of Math.
HeyMath! was recognized as one of the 25 most innovative companies in 2007 by Microsoft in a nation wide survey in India and was featured in NASSCOM's 100 most innovative software companies in India in 2006.
We were also invited by Intel Corporation to join their Ecosystem Alliance for the Intel Powered 'Classmate PC'.
HeyMath! is used by learners in 51 countries and meets curriculum criteria set by:
- California Learning Resources Network (CLRN), US Common Core State standards.
- Massachusetts Department of Education for Javits Gifted and Talented Education Grants curriculum.
- British Educational Communications and Technology Agency (Becta), ICT learning standards.
- Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education (GCE-O) Examinations.
- Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), India
- Indian School Certificate Examinations (ICSE), India