Anglican High School
Instant Feedback on Concepts Learnt
Anglican High School is one of the consistently high performing schools in Singapore. Over the years:
- AHS was selected by the Ministry of Education to be one of the nine schools under its Special Assistance Plan. This selection was based on the consistent academic excellence of the school, the school ethos, and the success of the school in teaching students the Chinese Language, the appreciation of Chinese culture, and the inculcating of traditional values in their students.
- Was conferred the 'Autonomous School ' status by the Ministry of Education and
- The school has been designated the East Zone Centre of Excellence for Sports
Partnership with HeyMath!
- Anglican High School partnered with HeyMath! from 2005 with the objective to improve student performance.
- Entire cohort of Sec 1 to Sec 4 students are on the HeyMath! E-learning system.
Check Your Understanding (CYU)
- CYU is an innovative feature developed by HeyMath! to assist teachers test the students' comprehension in the lessons taught.
- It is a bite sized online test available at the end of each lesson.
- It achieves a tighter integration between instruction and assessment.
- It provides teachers with useful data on students' progress.
- HOD Maths used the CYUs to test Sec 4 level students on the topic 'Differentiation and Integration'.
- Once the students have completed the CYUs, he then views the report to check the students' performance on the given topic.
Here's what the curriculum leader at the school had to say
I asked the students to do the Check Your Understanding (CYU) section when I was teaching Differentiation and Integration. I like the way that the
answers provided may be in a different form to what the students worked out. This required students to do some algebraic manipulation to work towards
the given answer. I find this an added bonus as students not only check their understanding of the topic but also practice their algebraic manipulation
- Mr. Chan Wai Soen, HoD Maths, Anglican High School
HeyMath! meets curriculum criteria set by
- Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education (GCE - O Level)
- California Learning Resources Network (CLRN)
- Massachusetts Department of Education for Javits Gifted and Talented Education Grants
- British Educational Communications and Technology Agency (Becta), U.K. for Curriculum Online
- Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), India | Indian School Certificate Examinations (ICSE)