Govt. of NCT of Delhi Schools
HeyMath! Raises Test Scores & Teacher Productivity
The Govt. of NCT of Delhi decided to pilot HeyMath! in selected schools from July through December 2009. Funding for the pilot was provided by the "Sarva Siksha Abhiyan" program - the Indian Government's flagship program for achieving universalization of elementary education. Here's their story.
- To achieve uniformly high quality of instruction in Maths across the schools participating in the pilot.
- To positively impact student motivation and attitude towards Mathematics.
- To raise teacher productivity.
- HeyMath! Teaching & Learning E-Content were loaded on to laptops.
- Regular Professional Development sessions were conducted backed by classroom observation and exchange of best practices.
- "HeyMath! Zones" converted dull classrooms into cheerful and engaging learning environment.
HeyMath! Zones - A 'Fun' Learning Environment
- Low-cost learning environment that helps teachers change the perception of Maths.
- Equipped with easy to use technology.
- Innovative and interactive Math activities maximize the learning value within the school space.
- Caters to multiple intelligences & learning styles.
Teaching & Learning Materials
- Fully indexed to NCERT/CBSE curriculum for Classes 1-10.
- Removes abstraction by connecting to real life.
- Dispels the fear of Maths.
"The thing that I like most (about HeyMath!) is the knowledge that is provided through visualization of facts because in general classroom teaching we cannot show everything to students regarding a particular topic. By Using HeyMath! we can show them what they expect from us. As far as classroom experience is concerned it makes my work easier."
Baseline Average Score (out of 20)
Post-test Average Score (out of 20)
6 8.96 9.72 8.43 7 8.19 10.55 28.82 8 9.18 9.63 4.9
Animations in HeyMath! help explain abstract concepts 100% HeyMath! will make my work easier 88% HeyMath! will make Maths classes more exciting 63% HeyMath! will help students retain conceptual understanding 75% Lesson planning will become easier 100%