PSBB Group of Schools
Innovative use of ICT in the Teaching and Learning of Maths
Based in Chennai, India, Padma Seshadri Bala Bhavan (PSBB) Schools are affiliated to the CBSE Board and have been providing high quality holistic education for over 50 years. They have also been pioneers in integrating HeyMath's ICT enabled solution as part of their day-to-day curriculum instruction & assessment since 2004, leading to a significant increase in student motivation and interest levels in Maths. This is their story.
Key Objectives of using HeyMath!
- Facilitate collaborative learning, multidisciplinary problem-solving and promote critical thinking skills amongst students.
- Positively impact student motivation and their attitude towards Mathematics.
- Raise teacher productivity.
- Address the requirements of the CBSE Maths Lab and CCE.
"We have had a very positive experience while working with the HeyMath! team in implementing the program.
As a result, HeyMath! is used extensively by our teachers
for curriculum instruction as well as for after school
homework and revision via the issuance of online
worksheets and tests that students work on and submit
Dr.(Mrs.) Y.G. Parthasarathy
Dean & Director
Padma Seshadri Bala Bhavan (PSBB) Schools
HeyMath! Zones "ICT-enabled Maths Labs"
- Facilitates experiential learning and teaching through discovery and exploration
- Integrates easy to use technology (projector, white board, laptop and UPS) with classroom teaching
- Caters to multiple intelligences & learning styles
- Maximizes learning through innovative and interactive activities
- Provides an inclusive/ equitable platform to every student
Teaching & Learning Materials
- Content mapped to CBSE curriculum for Classes 1-10; available offline in school and via the Internet
- Comprehensive online question bank for formative and summative assessment in accordance with CCE
- Explanations of abstract concepts using real life examples
- Easy to use Lesson Guides for teachers
Support for Teachers
- Term-wise professional development sessions by a team of qualified professionals
- Individual accounts to all teachers for online access to curriculum resources
- Structured feedback sessions providing inputs for adaptation and co-creation of new resources