Singapore Chinese Girls' School
Customisation of Lessons by HeyMath! to suit your requirements
Singapore Chinese Girls' School is one of the oldest schools in Singapore having been founded in 1899. It is a full school with both primary and secondary divisions, taking in students between the ages of 6 and
16. The secondary division was among the first schools in Singapore to be accorded the status of an independent school in 1989. The SCGS girls have been nurtured and groomed through the highest quality holistic
education, including solid academic grounding, practical life skills, worldly knowledge, social and moral conscience, leadership and motivational skills, and the appreciation of the arts and a healthy lifestyle.
SCGS stays relevant by treasuring lessons from the past and embracing challenges of the future.
Their HeyMath! Experience
- SCGS was one of the early adopters of HeyMath! and our relationship began in 2003.
- This academic year, the school requested HeyMath! to design some e-lessons for their Sec 1, 2 and 3 cohorts on Algebraic Manipulation, Proportion and Curves and Circles respectively.
- For Sec 1, we enhanced the following lessons on Algebra to include introduction, examples, quiz and bite sized assessments:
- Addition and subtraction of algebraic expression
- Multiplication and division of algebraic expression
- Simplification of algebraic expressions
- For Sec 2, HeyMath! designed an e-lesson on Proportion which infuses global issues related to the nearby Asean Countries, followed by an assessment.
- The Curves and Circles for the Sec 3 A Math stream had 2 parts for 1 hour each, with more emphasis on concept of circles.
- The e-lessons and assessments were assigned to the students for concept clarification and revision.
Here's what the teachers at the school had to say
Thank you so much for this! The lessons are clear and comprehensive. Good job on your team's effort :)
Jasmine Sia, Teacher Coordinator of Sec 1
That's sound great. The feedback has been very positive and we are all very impressed.
To summarize, the e-lesson will include 3 Lessons and two on-line assessments and instructions will be provided for them to navigate around. I will be looking forward to try it out myself once it's ready before the e-learning week. Thanks and you have been of great help!
Mui Tiang Lim, Teacher Coordinator Sec 2
Thank you for the lessons.
Lau Ying Ying Doreen, Teacher Coordinator Sec 3
Here's what the curriculum leader at the school had to sayThanks for your support in the E Learning Module and I am glad that the teachers are happy working with HeyMath! in getting the modules out. Lim Sock Har, HoD Maths
HeyMath! meets curriculum criteria set by
- Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education (GCE - O Level)
- California Learning Resources Network (CLRN)
- Massachusetts Department of Education for Javits Gifted and Talented Education Grants
- British Educational Communications and Technology Agency (Becta), U.K. for Curriculum Online
- Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), India | Indian School Certificate Examinations (ICSE)