Loyang Secondary School
Better Tracking of Student Performance through Assessments & Quizzes
Loyang Secondary School (LYSS) was founded in 1989. The school focuses on holistic student development programmes with the
emphasis on academic value-addedness and character development. To further support the holistic student development, the
school enhanced the building of staff capacity and networking with the community.
The mission, "Harnessing Potential, Opening Minds, Moulding Character, Empowering lives through personalising learning defines the end point of what the school wants to achieve, while the vision, "To be a vibrant learning community - inspiring personal discovery" describes how this is to be realised.
Partnership with HeyMath!
- Loyang Secondary School commenced its partnership with HeyMath! in 2009
- Entire cohort Sec 1 to 4 students are on the HeyMath! E-learning system
Scheduled Issuance of Assessments
- Subject Head, Add Math sent HeyMath! a schedule of online tests to be created for revision for their Sec 4 students.
- HeyMath! issued these weekly tests to the students.
- The teacher monitored the students submissions through the Testwise reports and Questionwise analysis that helped him identify areas of strengths and weaknesses of the students by type of topics and type of questions.
- In addition, the teacher used the CYU (Check Your Understanding) quiz at the end of each lesson to review the comprehension of the student in the topic.
- HeyMath! sent periodical reports on the student performance, for improved tracking of students work.
Here's what the curriculum leader at the school had to say
The Lesson Report for July was fabulous. It helps close in on the students who are lagging in their daily assignment and help me to
monitor them very closely.
Thank you so much. This is really helping me to track the work rate of my students and helps me identify the students who are not doing much.
Please keep this coming.
- Mr Rajendram Chelliah, Subject Head / Add Math, Loyang Secondary School
HeyMath! meets curriculum criteria set by
- Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education (GCE - O Level)
- California Learning Resources Network (CLRN)
- Massachusetts Department of Education for Javits Gifted and Talented Education Grants
- British Educational Communications and Technology Agency (Becta), U.K. for Curriculum Online
- Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), India | Indian School Certificate Examinations (ICSE)