Northbrooks Secondary School
HeyMath! a Factor in Increasing Distinction Rate Significantly & Raising Teacher Productivity
Northbrooks Secondary School started at the dawn of a new millennium on 2 January 2000. The School is united in its desire to do
its very best for its pupils and to prepare them for the future knowledge-based workplace. Besides developing their capacity to
learn, the School also focuses on building the character of its pupils and helping them to develop compassion for others.
The Strategic Thrusts that the School concentrates on are: Academic Excellence, Character Development, Staff Competency and Capacity and last but not least Teaching and Learning Resources, Partnerships.
Partnership with HeyMath!
- Northbrooks Secondary School commenced its partnership with HeyMath! in 2007
- Entire cohort Sec 1 to 5 students are on the HeyMath! E-learning system
Some Key Features of HeyMath! Resources that Northbrooks Secondary School uses
- E-lessons and questions are organised under the 3 main strands of GCE O/N Level syllabus to make it easier for teachers and students to look for the relevant topics.
- Assignment service that provides access to over 10,000 worksheets and tests created by other teachers in Singapore and India.
- Testwise and Questionwise analysis to help teachers identify areas of strengths and weaknesses of the students by type of topics and type of questions.
- Help build mathematical skills and procedural fluency through games that furnish instant feedback.
Here's what the curriculum leader at the school had to say
My teachers and students have been using HeyMath! since 2007 and we have always been very satisfied with the full spectrum of
activities and content that HeyMath! has provided. What we liked most is the ease of setting online quizzes with immediate marking,
facilitating student learning as well as relieving teachers of tedious marking of basic concepts. The question bank also amounts to
hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of relevant test items, including questions from overseas schools, and this has enabled my
students to learn very well.
During the exams, many of my students also found HeyMath! to be a life-saver, especially when they study late into the night and have no one to call for help.
The math games available are also a source of stress relief, and many of us play the math games to engage students.
HeyMath! has certainly helped my students to perform beyond expectations, and is one of the factors contributing to our significant increase in O level percentage passes, as well as doubling our O level distinction rate in the 2009 GCE.
Thank you, HeyMath!
- Mr Benjamin Yong, HoD Maths, Northbrooks Secondary School
HeyMath! meets curriculum criteria set by
- Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education (GCE - O Level)
- California Learning Resources Network (CLRN)
- Massachusetts Department of Education for Javits Gifted and Talented Education Grants
- British Educational Communications and Technology Agency (Becta), U.K. for Curriculum Online
- Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), India | Indian School Certificate Examinations (ICSE)