HeyMath! Consultant: Matt
Main positives of life at HeyMath!
- Friendly people in office
- Nice flat
- Cheap living
- Good food
- Experience of living abroad
Main negatives of life at HeyMath!
- Not that much to see in Chennai itself
- Alcohol is expensive
- Congestion and pollution
- Unpleasantly hot and humid for several months of the year
- 8.37am : alarm goes off, emerge from beneath mosquito net and hit snooze
- 8.45am : alarm goes off, eat muesli for breakfast, check email, maybe watch news on BBC World.
- 9.00am : shower etc
- 9.20am : Ye emerges from his room wide awake and raring to go (a likely story...)
- 9.30am : set off for work with rucksacks
- 9.45am : arrive at work (unless we've cheated and taken an auto-rickshaw)
- 10.00am : check work email, read "lessons track" spreadsheet to figure out what I should do today.
- Morning : working on creating a new lesson on differentiating simple functions. Trying to make the dull topic interesting with animation.
- 1.30pm : go for lunch at restaurant across the road with John and Ye.
- Afternoon : "QC" : quality control reviewing other people's lessons. Test-play John's mathematical game he has been creating.
- 5.30pm : Someone presents me with 17 changes to be made to my lesson before tonight (grumble grumble)
- 6.10pm : All 17 changes made
- 6.30pm : home time, but instead get auto to Sathyam cinema, watch Hollywood movie with amusing Indian adverts
- 9pm : film over, retire to "dodgy bar" across the street. Have a Kingfisher beer and try to figure out plot of film.
- 10.45pm : auto home.
- 11pm : type up articles for British Business Social Club newsletter, which I am editor for. Make poor attempt at tidying my room. Chat to people in more auspicious timezones.
- 1am Bed.